Study rooms are located on the second floor of the library. Please see the help desk on the second floor for study room materials.
The group study rooms in the Rebecca Crown Library provide a place where small groups can meet and study during posted library hours. Due to the limited number of group study rooms, the library has put together these guidelines to provide maximum access to current Dominican students.
- The group study rooms are for current Dominican University students only.
- You must check in at the second floor help desk and show your Dominican ID.
- Rooms may be reserved for up to three hours. You may book the room for an additional three hours if it is available.
- A group is defined as two or more people actively using the study room. Individual Dominican University students may use the group study rooms if no group is currently using the room, but must vacate the room if a group needs to use it. Please be prepared to show your current Dominican ID.
- All drinks must be in a spill proof container.
- You must clean up after yourself and leave the group study room neat.
- The white boards in the group study rooms are for your use. You may check out a group study kit, which includes dry erase markers, at the second floor help desk. Please be sure to return the kit to the desk. You are responsible for erasing the whiteboard before leaving the group study room.
- If you vacate a study room for more than 15 minutes your reservation will be forfeited. Any items left unattended in the room will be removed and turned over to University Security. The library is not responsible for any items left behind or for loss of or damages to said items.
- The group study rooms will be locked 15 minutes prior to closing of the library. Anyone using these study rooms must leave when the first closing announcement is made.
- Group study room users must abide by the Student Code of Conduct.